Fresh Asturian Beans
Frozen, 365 days a year
Fresh, only during the season
FORMATS: Bag 3KG | Box 15KG
We collect Fresh Asturian Beans “El Camin Astur” on the same day that our farmers thresh them so that their freshness remains intact. That same day, they are frozen at -21ºC. In other words, less than 24 hours from harvest to freezing. Only in this way can we offer our customers truly 100% fresh Beans. A Bean without skin, an impeccable aspect on the dish and a unique texture; this is the favourite Bean of Gourmet cuisine.
- Comfort, you do not need to soak them.
- No skin and, therefore, easy to digest and healthy.
- Preparation is much faster.
- They break less than dry Beans.
PRODUCT COVERED UNDER THE SLOW FOOD MARK, AS IT MEETS THE REQUIRED STANDARDS:
The three principles of the Slow Food philosophy regarding food and production:
- GOOD: a diet based on seasonal, fresh and tasty products that satisfy the senses and that are part of our local culture.
- CLEAN: food production and consumption that does not harm the environment, animal welfare or our health.
- FAIR: affordable prices for consumers, fair remuneration and conditions for small-scale producers.
Fresh Beans are marketed fresh, without freezing, during the harvest campaign and in very small amounts. Please, request more information if you find this product interesting.
CONSERVATION: Frozen product, it must be kept at -18ºC.
IMPORTANT, DO NOT BREAK THE COLD CHAIN.
EQUIVALENCE: FOR EVERY 1 Kg of Fresh Beans you OBTAIN 6 rations of Fabada Asturiana (Asturian Bean Stew).